ok... so it's now 1230 saskatchewan time. i gave everyone fair warning that it was gonna be a fast round. so if you didn't get your vote in, i'm sorry. you missed out. here are the results of the voting. along with the the claims to fame.
ok... so i'm a little late... deal with it. unlike ang, i'm not important nor am i busy, i'm just lazy.
anyways... here's your options.
1 The woman in the first commercial showing a woman in the shower shaving her armpits. (moms)
2 The day was June 16th, 1922. Debi Horn was out collecting wild flowers during a thunderstorm when she claims she was struck by lightning, twice. After that day, she started to try and convince the world that lightning does in fact hit the same spot twice. However, it was also at that time that she started to believe she was a unicorn, so you can guess how well that first part went over. (carrie's) Becky
3 Lost her thumbs in a car accident, she was the first person to have their own big toes grafted onto their hands. (johnny's) amanda
4 Famous more for her many sexual exploits than her silent films, this 1920's starlet's name came to stand for anyone with an over-active libido. As in, to be like Horn, or "horny". (becky) moni
5 Invented the hat with the two beer cans on it because she was sick of her husband asking her to change channels on the tv because he was a two fisted drinker (doft)
6 Developed the bar code scanning system. (ang)
7 Name chosen by the survivor of the first succesful sex change operation. (cindi) carrie
8 A long time resident of Bellevue Asylum, drilled a hole through her skull in the frontal cortex hoping to let the voices out. After showing a dramatic improvement in her conditions this became the common procedure known to this day as a lobotomy. (auntie chris) johnny, ang (nicely done btw.
9 The creator of cartoon, Scamper the Penguin. (amanda) auntie chris
10 Referred to as "the mother of the environmentalist movement", she was the first protester to chain herself to a tree. (moni) mom
11 The first female NCAA football coach. (trav's... not the real answer, just the extra one i was allowed to throw in there.... it's ok... nobody voted for it anyways.)
12 A kindergarten teacher in Knightsbridge, England who was found guilty of absconding with her entire class of 5 year olds, taking them to South Africa and selling them as house servants to the wealthy (auntie margaret)
13 The first obese American woman to lose weight by having her jaw wired shut. (the real one. yes. really. it's the real one.) cindi (i'm a little choked... i thought for sure nobody would vote for it... you wrecked it for me... i hope you step in dog poo.... not really... just sayin.... )
somewhere in there is the real answer. believe it or not. have fun... you have til monday at midnightish my time.
the name is..............
wait for it..............
wait for it..............
wait for it..............
Debi Horn
in case you don't remember, i need to know what she was famous for. well... i don't need to know, because i already know, i have the card right in front of me. but i need to know what you think she was famous for.
answers need to be in sunday by midnight. voting will cease monday at midnight.
all times are saskatchewan times. my midnight. my turn, my time, my rules :P
email again is mullets.rule@gmail.com that or facebook me. either one will do.
ok... and............... it's a person.
Posted by
Trav
Saturday, January 23, 2010
33 comments:
I hate waiting for the definitions once I've written mine.
At least Trav is putting a rush on it. I suck at the people definitions though. Hopefully everybody else doesnt.
Hi! My name is... SLIM SHADY.
And I totally suck at people, too.
OKAY I submitted mine. EXCITED! I'm so glad SK is two hours ahead of BC. WINZ.
oh you guys... this round is gonna be so great!!! i'm so glad everyone sucks at names lol! sooooo much fun!!!
Awww, I was hoping they were gonna be posted before I went to bed. :(
I'm going to say 4. I loved the unicorns though. Bravo.
I'm going to go with 13. It just sounds like something you would pick.
1,6,10,13???
Hmmmm
And #8 is hilarious!
I'll think about it while I do some laundry.
I'm going to go with #3.
LOL. Whoever wrote 12 has a sick mind. Unless it's true, then Debi has a sick mind.
I vote for the unicorn one. I love that bit.
Although, I must say. Some of you people make it hard for me to even pick which one is the LOLiest one for me, let alone the real answer.
The weird thing is, I think I have heard this name before so maybe I saw it on a cartoon but then again, maybe I read about her sexual exploits but then again maybe I heard how she stole all those children? About the children...who takes a five year old to be a servant? Most people you have to pay to take one on unless they are the grandma. Those people are called baby sitters. Is the NCAA really football? This one has possibilities but I am not allowed to google check. Tricky. I love number five but somehow doubt that his wife would be able to love him that much, seriously. I actually did see a picture in the paper once about a GUY that self lobotomized. Would a woman be capable of this? Well, maybe if she was crazy enough. Now, will Trav have picked something too crazy to vote for or would he pick something mundane. Hmmmm...I am voting for Sacmper the Penguin. Nine.
# 10
#8
I guess I should vote this time.
I like #8. Whoever wrote it, nice. If its the real one, gross.
LOL I laughed at you writing out your thought process!! And then that you picked one totally different. I have no idea which one to pick. Ummm.... mayyyybe.... I don't know so I'm going for 7. No one's picked it yet.
And by you I mean Auntie Chris. Obviously. :D :D LOL
Speaking of Auntie Chris... holy, that was quite the definition. I'm honestly impressed. I was honestly gonna pick it, but I wanted to pick one no one else had.
didnt have time to vote...to busy puking and then cleaning up kids puke.
First: Awe Doft. I feel bad for you guys.
Second: LOL! I love finding out who wrote what. Aunty Margaret!!! Mom!!! Oh man. The definitions are so much funnier when you know who wrote them.
Third: Trav and I are tied. And I'm up to bat.
YES!!!! Points for me! Finally!! I picked it because when I sat and thought about which one you would choose out of the box it just seemed right! I almost changed it about 7 times!!!
man... i wish you would have... nobody's hit the triple bill yet. i totally wanted the belt. (oh man. i have been watching way too much how i met your mother.) my next one will get you all for sure tho. you win this round gadget. but i'll get you next time.... next time!!!! (slams fist)
oh and beck... we are totally tied.... but we're both still first place, so it's cool...
Like Becky, I also LOVE finding out whose definitions were whose. And Becky... thanks for the point! The majority of mine are from you. LOL
man... it was soooooooo much fun being the "reader" this round. especially since everytime someone facebooked an answer to me, i got the text message when i was with people. namely my wife, it was driving her nuts when i was constantly laughing at the answers coming in and boasting of how this round would be phenomenal. you guys did not disapoint. way to bring the A game.
Thanks Drinkatite. I'm looking through the Balderdash box right now.
Also, Ang got the triple. No one voted for the real answer on her round. Sorry Trav. Here's a kleenex.
*kleenex*
OOH! I'm after Becky! I should start looking now so that I can get something great, and don't feel rushed.
May be an acronym. I love them.
Too late. Or not. You could do one two times in a row. I was gonna. If I had to. Which I didn't. But you can.
ummmm.... me and amanda both voted for the real definition on ang's... it was the razor blade one. just sayin. the triple is still unclaimed.
Uncle David got the triple. No one voted for the second bananas.
Hey! I just saw the second bananas card today and I couldn't figure out why it seemed so familiar.
Also. What? You did? What am I smoking?
Post a Comment