Round 5. Give'r!

Round 5 Submission phase over. Vote.


In the Land of the Owl Turds



1.) Watch this morbid and radically diverse Sci-Fi thriller about a group of

students on a Spring Break sailing excursion. They are suddenly swarmed by

a large flock of Horned Owls, who begin dropping turds on the students. As

the turds hit, the mutation begins and the students are turned into mice. The

Owls whisk them away to a strange land where the students experience the

most frightful 3 days of their lives. Auntie Susan

2.) A 1950's satire about a young boy growing up during the Holocaust. Kyle

3.) A foul troll is banished from his village and finds adventure and acceptance

among the crude and hygienically-challenged fowls of Baxter's barn. Becky

4.) The strange story of a strange guy who drives around with doo-doo in his

truck, trying to pick up girls. Real One [1 vote (Carrie) way to spoil it for me, so close]

5.) A family of field mice try to survive in a world that has become over run by a

fiercely predatory species of barn owls. The owls, refereed to as turds, by all

the non predatory creatures have created a totalitarian regime and control all

aspects of life in the forest right down to the smallest insect. This delightful

non animated film, adapted from Orwell's 1984, is a must see for the entire

family. Mom/Auntie Chris (1 Vote)

6.) A father quits his executive position in a Wall Street company to go search for

his son who has become lost in the Andes mountains David

7.) A man is lost in the forest. He meets a magician who has been trapped in a

mouse's body. He is tricked and finds himself trapped in the magician's place.

A must see thriller from 1958. Cindi (1 vote)

8.) Come with us now on a journey through time and space... in the Land of the

Owl Turds. The second in the "World of Ghorrn" series, "In The Land of the

Owl Turds" is a mystical tale of a land where everything lives. Even things

that for all intents and purposes should not, nor ever should be, alive. Take an

in-depth look at one of the most rich and diverse cultures in Ghorrn through the

eyes of one of it's own, a youngling named Krunnchi, and join him on a

journey of wonder, imagination and discovery. A thrilling sequel to "In the

Forest of the Used Cotton Swabs" and breathtaking precursor to "In the

Swamp of the Half-Eaten Jelly Sandwiches". Ebert and Roeper give it four

and a half thumbs way way way up. Carrie (2 votes)

9.) Follow the adventures of four Lilliputians people as they journey together to

discover who they are and where they belong. Amanda (2 votes)

10.) In The Land Of The Owl Turds - In a search for the endangered Turdistanian

Cave Owl, the smallest member of the owl family, Jimmy Braewen lives with

the nomadic people of Turdistan until he finally finds the little shits. This is

NOT a porno. Travis

11.) 14 year old Jason Lubbitz won the "Best Screenplay" award at the 1996

International Childrens Film Festival for this mythical tale. Melanie (3 votes)


Hope everything is correct. I'm pretty bagged right now.

41 comments:

Becky December 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

I'm going to give this one some deep thought, instead of winging off an answer like all the other rounds... Aunty Susan, you're going down.

Christine December 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

I am playing. OK?

Dave December 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Ok seriously. How am I supposed to come up with something plausible with a title that includes the word turds? comon

Jonathan December 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Sorry buddy. I couldn't resist. Just take a shot at it and let the turds fall where they may ;)

Trav December 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

man... this is gonna be brutal. i'm in.

Becky December 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Sigh. The best part of playing with Mom is this almost silent giggle thing she does, especially while people read her definitions. Mom, could you video tape yourself reading the definitions on Tuesday.

Melanie December 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

I agree. We were talking about that tonight. We miss it too.

This is brilliant. Bring it on. Owl turds? Why not?

Dave December 14, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

OK we played Balderdash live tonight. I am fairly certain that my stomach is gonna hurt tomorrow from laughing so much. For all those who couldn't be there I am gonna give you a few highlights.

Word was wongwonga
Kyle said that it was what pygmies yell when they are playing golf instead of FOUR!!!! Cause you cant yell all those little clicking sounds that they make.
Cant you just see some little brown guy jumping up and down on some little hill in the bush yelling WONGWONGA!!! and all these pygmies diving for cover and shaking their fists at him and curse/clicking under their breath at him?
Peter wrote it was a Tahitian greeting which is followed by a butt squeeze or "goosing".
wongawonga...how you doin?

Initials were S.I.M.S
Carrie wrote Santa's In My Salami
Jack wrote Society of Inbred Mexican Siblings

There was others that were funny as well and so much stuff that was said in between that was hilarious.
This is the best game ever. Becky you need to get a scrap book and paste all the definitions you saved into it and then when we all get together you could bring it out and we could all read them. You could also scan it and email it as well. We talked about it tonight and think that it would be sweeeeeeeeet.

Dave December 14, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

wow that was a long comment

Melanie December 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

I was also a big fan of
B.A.B.S
"Boobs Are Beautiful. So?"

Sue December 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Glad your playing Chris!

Bring it on Becky!!! this is so flukey that I am in the lead. I don't think well under pressure so I won't be winning at the Christmas gathering.

Becky December 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Yes, it feels luxurious to have tons of time to think it through doesn't it?

Unknown December 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Ohhh jeez that Balderdash game was so classic. All of those could be really crappy pick up lines.

"Hey. Wongawonga. SIMS. BABS?"

Unknown December 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Oh jeez. I'm excited for this round.

Becky December 14, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

It's so hard to wait....

Trav December 15, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

oh man... an hour and 8 minutes. i can't wait. i'm really excited about this one. oh. 1 hour 7 minutes now. i am that excited.

Trav December 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

johnny. it is now 6:15pm saskatchewan time. it is no longer around 6. where are the answers? seriously... i'm dying here :P

Jonathan December 15, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Sorry buddy, I was in the land of cat turds, tomorrow is garbage day in Borden.

I'm just gettin' it ready, hold your horses, or whatever is accessible.

Dave December 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

ummmmmm what gives bozo? We are all on pins and needles here. It is now 6:30 your time. coooooommmooooooooon!

Dave December 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

oh ok then. Holding....

Jonathan December 15, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Sorry buddy, I was just in the land of cat turds. Garbage day in Borden tomorrow.

Just hold your horses, or whatever is easily accessible.

I've got something from everyone but Ang and Auntie Margaret. I think I'll post anyway, tough titty says the kitty.

Jonathan December 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

How did I post twice. Stupid computers, eh!

Jonathan December 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Vote, Melissa is gonna fix my screw up.

Trav December 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

trav is voting for number 11. although seriously. krunnchi the turd? LOVE IT!!! that was quite possibly the highlight of my day. seriously. it was awesome.

amanda December 15, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

i'm also voting for #11

Anonymous December 15, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I vote for #11 This is a hard one

Melanie December 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie December 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Oh crap. I mean, oh turd.

Blast.
We can't all vote 11. Just to be contrary, I'm going to say 7. Why the heck not? It's not like I'm going to win anyway.

Becky December 15, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Eleven? How is that even a movie description? If that's Aunty Susan's I'm going to have to start on a conspiracy theory right smartly.

I vote for Carrie's. Or number eight, if it somehow turns out to be someone else's. And I bow to the queen (or king) of blathering on and on and still keeping me on the edge of my seat. Becky gives that definition two thumbs way WAY up your nose with a rubber hose.

Dave December 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

I vote #9

Sue December 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

I vote for # 5.

Unknown December 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Okay, I'm glad people are voting for one other than #11. Because I was thinking the exact same thing as Melanie, and was going to vote for something else, because I didn't want to be like everyone else.

Oh screw it. I vote for #4. I'm such a child. ROFLMAO... doo-doo. Hee hee... doo-doo. That's poop.

Cindi December 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

i vote for #9

Christine December 16, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Ahem...I vote for number eight. I am sure that is the right one. Hahahahaha! Naw, I am voting for it cause I loved it.

Voting aside, I wonder if the owls have one hunk turds or two hunk turds.

Sue December 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Lol Chris! Maybe someone should have consulted Sammy on this one!

Jonathan December 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Alright, I think everyone has voted now. I'll put up the results right away.

Jonathan December 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Oh, I have no idea how to do the thing on the side, obviously. I can hardly type a blog, so frustrating. Somebody else is going to have to do that. It took me 15 minutes last night to remember how to edit a post.

Melanie December 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Oh wow. I didn't edit the points either. Oops.

Thanks for the votes guys, even though again, a perfect dismissal from Becky. I just couldn't think of a story :P

Becky December 16, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Only Carrie has the power to edit the points. THE POWER!!!!!

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Haha, sorry Jonathan! Goodness sakes, I can't even believe that I picked the right one. Honestly, I picked it purely because it said doo-doo. Even now... doo-doo. That's funny.

And really... four points? How does that even happen. I thought the only points I was ever going to get were going to be from Becky, and purely for writing merit... or pity, whichever. This... this is more than I could have asked for. It's a Christmas miracle!

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Oh yes, and that's right. *claps* I GOT THE POWER!

Post a Comment

Who's playing?