Round 4! And I'm playing!

The word is:

ascoliasm


AND THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

1.) The long forgotten science of drawing a perfect freehand circle, without the aid of a water glass.
Jonathan. Voted for by nobody. Sorry about that.

2.) A condition where the body exudes a putrid odor.
Travis. Also voted for by nobody, and honestly, given the facebook conversation, are you surprised? But you picked the right one so I'm not sorry for you one bit.

3.) Alcohol induced dyslexia.
Becky. Voted for by Jonathan. Nice work!

4.) A boys' game of beating each other with leather or gloves while hopping.
THE REAL ANSWER! And voted for by all you dang Hieberts (less Amanda, unfortunately). Thanks a lot guys. I really needed those points!

5.) The process in which fungus reproduces.
Amanda. No votes.

6.) A genetic condition which causes a rash on the face and neck, brought on by exposure to ammonia.
Uncle David. Voted for by Carrie and Paco! Despite what I thought to be a perfectly thought out dismissal of its likeliness by Becky.

7.) A condition which causes the brains of unintelligent individuals to seize when under academic pressure. Also referred to in layman's terms (developed specifically by those with the condition as attempting to pronounce the term incidentally brought on one of these seizures) as an "idiot attack" or a "moron malfunction".
Carrie. Voted for by Becky. And she's right. She totally deserves it. Brilliantly written.

8.) A rare intestinal disease that causes inflammation in the walls of one's intestines.
Paco. No votes. Sorry buddy.

9.) When the colon goes into spasms just before reaching the as... oops! I mean, the rectal opening.
Auntie Margaret. Who knew she had it in her?! Unfortunately, no votes, but good laughs!

10.) A back spasm.
Cindi. No votes, but you've got the right one, so you're fine.

11.) Having one leg significantly shorter than the other.
Auntie Sue. Voted for by Amanda, Uncle David, and Auntie Margaret, giving her three points there, and another two for guessing the right one. Seriously people, this lady is kicking our behinds like she was born to do it. Unreal. Nice work Auntie Sue. Nice work.

Who's next?!?!

42 comments:

Jonathan December 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Dang. Alcoholism.

Trav December 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

that sir, is not an excuse.

Becky December 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Maybe if drinking is causing a problem... ?

Trav December 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

it's considered a disease now :P

Unknown December 10, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

You're a disease. *snicker*


That was mean. I'm just kidding! I think you're a nice modern gentleman.

Trav December 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

wow.... i would have totally settled for modern. but nice and gentleman? wow. i'm umm.... flattered i think. :P

Trav December 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

argh!!!! so many conditions.... and seriously, kudos to whoever did number 9. awesome.
i'm going with number 4. too many conditions and/or funny things. number 4 isn't a stupid answer nor is it medical. it gets my vote.

amanda December 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

I'm saying #11. this one was hard...a lot of good answers!

Becky December 11, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Number seven. THAT is hysterical. And well written. I'm voting for it. Because that person deserves it. And because I have NO IDEA how I'd pick one to vote for otherwise. (Unless I cheated and googled it.)

Seriously. That was some IMPRESSIVE work people.

Cindi December 11, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

I like Trav's reasoning. I vote for 4 too

Jonathan December 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I'll take number 3...been there.

Trav December 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

you've been at number 2 as well... i'm betting money on that :P

Unknown December 11, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

I choose six, Pickupstix.

ROFL @ three, nine and one.

Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

I pick number 6 Because It SoundS PriTTY

Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

i'm drunk.....One drink...two drike.....three...and I'm done

Becky December 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Question: How can it be a genetic condition AND be brought on by ammonia?

Remember Mike's FAMOUS "A close, but distant relative..." which brought about the string of genius, yet stupid definitions? Awesome.

Unknown December 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Haha. Apparently if #3 is the right one... my husband is doing a good job of it.

I call "PHONY". You're a big fat PHONY.

Becky December 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

KYLE! Yay!

Becky December 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Who's phony?

Becky December 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Also, LOL at the drunken spelling. Awesome.

Jonathan December 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Mike's definition makes perfect sense. Becky you are a close but distant relative to me. My brother is a genius.

Unknown December 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Kyle's a phony. HAHA.

Sue December 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

#4. It;s so weird that it could be the right one.

Dave December 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

I agree with Jonathan, Mike is a genius. I vote #11.

Melanie December 11, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Why isn't Mike playing? There's a lot of people that should be in on this!

Trav December 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

come on auntie margaret.... we're waiting :P

i use the :p face to make it look like i'm just kidding. but really i'm not... we are waiting :|

but i still love you :D

even tho you're taking forever :o

Becky December 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Someone phone her.

Trav December 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

i read that and i could actually hear you saying it while laughing beck. this game is awesome!!! yay carrie!!!

Dave December 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

I tried calling her but she wasnt home. And she left her cell at home too. I tried though

Becky December 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

LOL. Well someone TRACK HER DOWN. It's an island, for crying out loud, how many places can she be?

Margaret December 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Sorry I thought I was supposed to email Melanie with my vote. Anyway. I vote #11

Trav December 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

come on mel... that's everyone... let's have some results already... geez louise :P


again... :p = not really :p but kinda :P

Unknown December 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

OH MAN. This is quite possibly the best idea I've ever had in my life. I'm just about DYING reading all these comments. I love that people are actually calling each other to get them to vote. This is THE. BEST!

:D :D :D :D :D

Dave December 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Hey I saw Ang's name up there...is she gonna start playing now too? That would rock if she did cause she aint all there :)

Unknown December 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

YES. That's the word on the street. This pleases me greatly.

Becky December 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

LOL. I love the commentary Mel. And, to be fair, I only pointed out it's unlikeliness after they'd voted so they didn't have the benefit of my logic to help them along. Poor things.

Melanie December 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

I'm big on commentary (what a shocker huh?) I write on all the bottoms of our Phase Ten score sheets at home too.

Sue December 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Oh Yah,Oh yah! doing the rotflm-hiney-off dance. I am shocked! THanks for the Votes!!!

Dave December 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

aw crap. Susan got me again. grrrrr. thats it from now on I am only voting for the stupidest answer...looks like you will be getting some points Trav...jk..well not really:)

Cindi December 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

For what it's worth, the genetic condition could be that exposure to ammonia causes a rash!. Completely plausible when you think of it that way!!

Melanie December 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Oh my gosh! LOL at auntie Sue!

Unknown December 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

I'm also loving your commentary, Melanie! LOL

And HOLY SMOKES AUNTIE SUE! We're getting annihilated, people. My goodness.

And I would just like to take a little bow for my performance, and let you know there will be no encore. This is likely the best definition I will have, and it is also likely to be the only point I'll get.

*bow*

Post a Comment

Who's playing?